SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.
Recruiting for a Senior Desktop Engineer who will be responsible for overall maintenance, stability, policies and procedures of SRP's physical and virtual desktop environments.
- Create and maintain images for corporate workstations and virtual environment using tools such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and System Center Configuration Manager
- Create, maintain, and implement group policies in Active Directory environment
- Build and update software packages using App Deployment Toolkit, Advanced Installer, SCCM, and PowerShell scripting as necessary
- Build and maintain virtual desktop and application environment using Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- Sequence software using Microsoft Application Virtualization technologies that will be used in both the physical and virtual desktop environment
- Work closely with other IT groups and business units to coordinate and plan enterprise-wide and large scale deployments of software.
- Automate repetitive processes and integrate systems using orchestration and scripting
- Act as an escalation point for Desktop Support Specialists as needed on high priority and complex technical issues
- Create and update documentation that includes system design specifications, departmental procedures and knowledge articles
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders and ask complex questions to assist with designing solutions that meet business needs and requirements
- Extensive experience as Citrix systems administrator providing 24/7 operational support for Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp production environments
- Extensive experience working interactively with business customers and resolving day to day Citrix XenDesktop & XenApp related issues
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop environment
- Experience administering, deploying and troubleshooting Microsoft workstation and server operating systems
- Experience creating and deploying applications, packages, software updates, task sequences, and configuration items in Systems Center Configuration Manager
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Deep understanding of Group Policy in an Active Directory environment
- Understanding of desktop virtualization technologies such as App-V
- Understanding of supporting technologies such as networking, storage, and security
- Ability to work with a team on large projects and independently on smaller projects
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills as well as the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, providing status updates along the way and following through until completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and providing status updates on projects
- Occasional contacts with vendors of software, equipment and service
- Occasional travel to industry organizational functions and SRP facilities
Requisition ID: 8708