The Sr. Desktop / Applications Engineer reports to the Managing Director, and is a key position in the Legal Professional Services team. The Sr. Desktop / Applications Engineer is expected to help grow our overall Professional Services program while being a subject matter expert and delivering high quality projects to existing and potential clients. Must be able to effectively lead & implement multiple projects in a distributed team environment and participate in pre-sales & project design.
Flexible work hours & travel, often driven by client project requirements or demands.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for successful technical implementations of projects, working directly with customer's IT staff as necessary.
- Ability to conduct basic Project Management tasks (i.e. Customer Status calls, escalations with Vendors, etc).
- Participate in pre-sales activities including project design/recommendations.
- Creation of formal documentation for project implementations & solutions.
- Travel to customer sites, as necessary.
- Ensure all billable or non-billable time entries are entered accurately & timely.
- Work to develop subject matter technical best practices to be used across entire Legal Professional Services team.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in packaging applications.
- Electronic Software Deployment: Ability to design, implement, deploy, manage, and maintain a windows based environment using progressive ESD products such as SCCM or similar technologies.
- Office 365: Experience in deployment and management of Office 365 core components and related cloud architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced systems integrator or professional services organization.
- Microsoft Azure: Capable of designing and implementing Azure based technologies as it pertains to modern device authentication, management, and policy compliance.
- VDI / SBC: Experience in virtualization desktop infrastructure or server based computing platforms (e.g., VMWare View, Citrix)
- Legal Applications: Familiar with major legal applications, such as document management systems (e.g., iManage, NetDocuments, EDocs), document production, and related components (such as records and 3rd party document assembly tools).
- Project Management Experience (PMP not required) but must be able to manage multiple technical projects simultaneously with