KBR COMPANY INFORMATION When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the hydrocarbon and government services markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business units, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know We Deliver. With operations in 40 countries, KBR has more than 25,800 people delivering services to customers in over 80 countries. Together they represent an unmatched reservoir of talent and experience in a wide range of markets. Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed. Senior Designer – Piping Under general supervision, performs all conventional aspects of the functional area subject matter. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Plans,schedules, and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation ofengineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Performs work which involves conventionalengineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Provides technical guidance to designers and lessexperienced engineers. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Plan and arrange own work to meet any and all deadlines as required by project schedule
- Perform the necessary fieldwork, pulling measurements, locating tie-ins, as-building existing systems, etc. develop detailed scopes
- Work from P&ID's, client specifications and vendor data to design complex piping systems for chemical facility Create isometrics using PDMS
- Conduct design reviews for construction, maintenance, and operations personnel using PDMS
- Ensures that completed design is functional, maintainable and designed with safety and that all applicable codes have been followed and maintained
- Interface with other disciplines. Work with Construction as needed during the installation of the project.
- 15+ years’ experience in the design of chemical process piping systems
- Microstation and PDMSexperiencepreferred
- Previous DuPont experience is preferred but not a pre-requisite
- Candidate must be able to stand or sit for periods of up to 4 hours
- Must be capable in the case of an emergency to don a 5 minute escape pack, carry app. 8 lb. bottle of air to an evacuation point and then if necessary to carry the bottle while walking app. 10 minutes to an alternate evacuation point