Sr. Design Manager
5 - 7 years experience • Architecture & Construction
The Senior Design Manager uses design, strategy, and supply chain techniques to control our creative process, supports a culture of creativity, and builds a structure and organization for our designs.
Responsible for managing design and construction deliverables for assigned projects from initial analysis through project close-out. Manages the design planning process for assigned projects. Using customer programming, develops initial schematics, design development documents, and Construction Documents. Manages the work of several professional architectural and engineering consultants, reviews all drawings and specifications to ensure that the design is appropriate, cost effective, code compliant and accurately reflected within the contract documents
The objective is to develop and maintain an efficient business environment in which our organization can achieve its strategic and mission goals through design. The Design Manager will support all levels of business (operational to strategic), from the discovery phase to the execution phase.
The design manager encompasses the ongoing processes, business decisions, and strategies that enables innovation and creates effectively-designed products, services, communications, and environments that enhance our brand. The Design Manager supportsmarketing management, operations management, and strategic management.
The Design Manager is a strategic asset in brand equality, differentiation, and product quality for our company. The Design Manager will improve design-relevant activities to better connect design with corporate strategy.
The three key roles are:
- Align design strategy with corporate and brand strategy
- Manage quality and consistency of design outcomes across and within different design disciplines
- Enhance new methods of user experience, create new solutions for user needs and differentiate from competitor’s designs
- 4yeardegree in Design or related field or equivalent in experience.
- 5-10 years experience as Manager of Design (preferably with a General Contractor)
- Establishes the design and constructionschedule and coordinates with internal and external team members to ensure schedule will meet overall project timeframes.
- Oversees the contractor pre-qualification, bid, and selection process involving thorough review of bid specifications, clarifications and contracts. Reviews all construction change orders, manages client change requests while maintaining the overall implementation schedule. Acts as primary contact for any dispute resolutions between owner, architect and contractor and involves legal counsel when required.
- For each assigned project, evaluates multiple location options in identified sub-markets to ensure fit for SBU requirements and LM standards. Directs architects and engineers, evaluates detailed building surveys, and analyzes LM’s exposure (financial, mechanical, electrical, ADA, and safety) on each building under consideration.
Job ID: 1748