The Uber Advanced Technology Group; a high-performance culture marked by rapid-growth and high-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere.
Uber Advanced Technologies Group is developing next generation mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy technologies. As part of this effort, we’re building a small group of uniquely talented and thoughtful designers to define the user experience of self-driving ridesharing, as well as the internal products that support a variety of ambitious initiatives.
As Sr. Design Manager, ATG you’ll be involved in a nearly every aspect of the product development process, across both internal and external product. You’ll be collaborating with design leads and cross functional partners to help shape the vision and strategies behind some of the biggest initiatives in the company. You’ll be working with the design team across both San Francisco and Pittsburgh to help them deliver smart products and grow as creative professionals. You should feel comfortable changing elevations quickly, from high-level strategic thinking to interaction and visual design execution. Uber’s work in Advanced Technologies has many exciting challenges ahead, and we’re excited to welcome you as team member as we build the future of transportation. This is a full-time position open to either our San Francisco, CA or Pittsburgh, PA offices.
- 10+ years design experience; 5+ years managing design teams in the development of software and optionally hardware products.
- Strong background and knowledge working with a wide range of UI Design, Visual Design, UX Research in a highly technical environment or complex product suite, demonstrated through a comprehensive portfolio of successful consumer products.
- Experience with Brand Language, Industrial Design, Human Factors is a nice-to-have.
- Excitement for building team culture, hiring and promoting design education within the greater organization. Ability to lead teams through vision, planning and talent management.
- Strong collaboration skills with cross functional partners, ability to question, shape, and guide product strategies at both a high and low level. Experience working with leadership to identify key business opportunities and IP.
- Ability to context switch between major focus areas within an organization.
- Ability to create and share a vision with stakeholders and the public.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time