We seek an experienced and motived Senior Design Engineer with strong technical and organizational skills to assist in guiding the development and delivery of water, wastewater, and stormwater professional engineering services to key Greeley and Hansen clients. The Chicago-based position would be part of the Design Center and eager to assist others in growing technically and professionally, engaging with clients and multi-discipline teams, implementing best engineering and business practices, and leading by example, as Greeley and Hansen continues to expand its growing, global practice
- Organize multi-discipline teams to meet project milestones.
- Mentor and support staff development both technically and professionally. Position team for success while adhering to Greeley and Hansen’s core values.
- Quality control, review of studies, reports, and contract documents to meet client and Greeley and Hansen standards.
- Technical excellence in planning studies, preliminary designs, final designs, asset management, program management, bid assistance and office services during construction for water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, distribution and collection systems, stormwater systems, and associated improvements.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously: produce high quality work based on project requirements and client’s satisfaction while following the contract requirements and maintaining schedule and budget.
- Manage staff assignments and workload while keeping in mind staff career objectives.
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.A Master's degree is desirable.
- Work Experience: Minimum 15 years of work experience in civil/environmental engineering, including planning, alternatives evaluation, design, development of contract documents, design services during construction, business development, client, and project management.
- Technical Experience: Water and wastewater treatment process, pumping, and distribution and conveyance system design, stormwater design.
- Certifications: Professional Engineering (PE) licensure is required. Ability to become licensed in other states.
- Self-starter with ability to participate collaboratively with a team, to lead others, and be receptive to career development guidance and feedback.
- Strong technical and entrepreneurial competencies as well as a desire to expand existing client relationships and to establish working relationships with new clients.
- Ability to communicate, present, speak, and write for a variety of stakeholders and build relationships that result in successes.
- Ability to develop, lead, and support client relationships and demonstrated ability to organize, lead, and execute large projects on budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated experience in project delivery including the management of client expectations, technical team, schedule, and financial aspects of projects.
- Demonstrable commitment for exceeding client expectations by presenting and implementing tailored solutions to meet their specific needs.
- Being timely in your work and able to lead other in maintaining and advancing schedules.
- Ability to organize and productively leverage staff and firm resources to accomplish business development objectives.