AS A SR DESIGN ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Work in collaboration with lab technicians, manufacturing engineers, procurement and materials groups in support of advance technology development projects
- Create design layouts of compressor assemblies, sub-assemblies and components to establish spatial requirements and relationship of components to ensure functionality of design intent.
- Verify design intent by checking proper fit-up of components using CAD and tolerance stack-up analysis methods.
- Create detail drawings required for producing cost analysis, prototype parts and assembly fixtures.
- Support efforts to procure and build prototype hardware for testing of advance compressor concepts.
- Apply basic mechanical sciences to perform design analysis of components, including static/thermal analysis, strength of materials, material selection and design optimization.
- Utilize Teamcenter database software in support of design projects.
- Participate in design review meetings which will include presentation of design concepts
WHO YOU ARE:
You research initiatives and try new approaches. You partner with others to get work done. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization. You learn quickly when facing new situations. You scan the environment for new technical skills, knowledge, or capabilities that can benefit business or personal performance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years design experience with rotating machinery or relevant industry experience.
- Experience producing CAD models for design layouts, assemblies, sub-assemblies and components as well as technical drawings for prototype and production components.
- Experience with 3D CAD software such as Siemens NX9.0, SolidWorks or Pro/E.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Seven plus years relevant experience
- Proven track record of innovative and patentable ideas
- Knowledge of common manufacturing processes and techniques used to produce high volume production components
- Knowledge of common processes used in producing prototype components and fixtures
- Experience using Teamcenter database software