Sr. Design Engineer - BICSI RCDD certification
Seeking a Senior Design Engineer with 8-10 years experience, that can consult with the customer and provide the Program Managers with the proper guidance and standards outlined in ANSI/TIA-568-C, Commercial Building Telecommunications Cabling Standard and TIA-942, Telecommunications Infrastructure Standards for Data Centers.
Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret Clearance.
The Design Engineer will provide space design, engineering, planning and implementation of Central Monitoring Plant network and infrastructure installation, and test and evaluation services in support of OTD deployed systems. Support will be on a routine basis and in quick reaction situations.Conduct site surveys efficiently and timely; provide proper requirements to the Program Managers.
Certifications: "BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer (RCDD -Required
Facilities Engineering/Design Experience:
- Experience with implementing the standards outlined in ANSI/TIA-568-C, Commercial Building Telecommunications Cabling Standard and TIA-942, Telecommunications Infrastructure Standards for Data Centers.
- General information communication technology (ICT) design and engineeringexperience (data centers, back-bone and horizontal cabling to include quality control and installation procedures, routing, etc.).
- Must be able to conduct site surveys to identify customer requirements.
- Required: Autodesk AutoCAD (2007 or later) and Microsoft Visio (2007 or later) drawing programs.Able to develop and modify plan view and elevation view drawings (floor plans, room layouts, cabinet/rack elevations, circuit drawings, etc.).
- Technical writing experience (project overviews, circuit descriptions, diagrams, Test Plans & Procedures, Test Reports s, etc.).
- General technical meeting experience (note taking, generating minutes, etc.)
- Knowledge of HVAC design principles (load requirements, hot-cold isles, minimum requirements for different facility types, etc.).
- Knowledge of electrical design principles (load requirements, UPS requirements, circuit terminology, basic electrical wiring principles, grounding/bonding, etc.).
- Experience with design and installation requirements for low-voltage cable, electrical and equipment employing the separation principals as defined in the National SecurityTelecommunications and Information Systems SecurityTelecommunications and Information Systems Security (NSTISSAM) TEMPEST/2-95, RED/BLACK Installation GuidanceTELECOMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION SYSTEMSSECURITY, 12 December 1995.
- General knowledge of networking (equipment characteristics, network types and uses, troubleshooting, testing, etc.).
- General understanding of low-voltage cable types and uses (Category 6, optical fiber, coaxial).
- General understanding of connector installation techniques (RJ-45, BNC, LC, SC, etc.) and tools.
- Advanced knowledge in proper installation requirements (max distances, routing procedures, labeling, etc.).
- General knowledge with cable test/certification, tools, and procedures.
Construction Experience & Project Team Experience:
- General knowledge of architectural drawings (Design Intent, Tenant Improvement, Construction, etc.).
- General knowledge of Construction materials knowledge (drywall, conduit, cable tray, d-rings, fire stops, etc.)
- Ability to work with a team of government and contractor stakeholders.
- Ability to travel – 25%.
RequiredEducation: B.S. in Data Communications or eight (8) years experience in lieu of education, twelve (12)year applicable experience.