Sr Design Drive -Train Engineer
Posted on 10/04/17 by Cynet EngineeringTeam
Less than 5 years experience
Posted on 10/04/17 Cynet EngineeringTeam
Job Title: Sr Design Drive-Train Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Decatur, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Min 3 years
- As a Design Engineer in the ITDD Drivetrain Structures and Casting team, you will have an opportunity to direct and participate in the Component design, development and production release of L1/L2 mechanical cast components.
- In the role of Design Engineer, you will be a major contributor on our Team focused on technical design, quality and affordability of cast components across multiple product families. You will collaborate with the full range of functional areas within Caterpillar and provide technical guidance to global teams and Suppliers in resourcing and assurance of supply projects for your family of parts.
- In this role you will design components, contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, assist with Supplier alignment of manufacturing processes with part requirements and broaden your area of expertise
- Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Create component design concepts, direct their development and release to production.
- Evaluating casting designs by leveraging CDAT or Magma simulation results.
- Facilitate or conduct component level FEA
- Support the Team on the disposition of deviations & non-conformances related to our parts
- Complete print changes for the maintenance of parts with component team design control.
- Prepares and executes development plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
- Evaluates, defines, and resolves design and manufacturing problems related to our components
- Collaborate with diverse functional areas related to product development and resourcing projects including platform teams, manufacturing, Global Supply Network and Business Resources
- Execute product specific NPI, CPI, and cost reduction projects for cast components
- Collaborate with platform teams to prepare and complete required design documentation, such as requirements documentation and DFMEAs.
- Conducts technical & commercial related evaluations of cast components on competitive products
- While leading specific projects, identify component level manufacturing and supply side strategy, along with developing component should cost targets.
- Travels to Suppliers & our foreign and domestic plants to ensure supply or solve design related problems The Mechanical Cast Component Team is a diversified casting specific component team with exposure to a wide range of customer applications for Caterpillar prime product.
- The team consists of engineers and project managers that collaborate with Transmission and Driveline design teams to execute a variety of design and supply side projects with global cross-functional Teams.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering discipline
- Must have an excellent mechanical aptitude, with ability to develop product concepts
- Training/proficiency in Creo or other modeling or simulation tools DesiredQualifications:
- Mechanical or structural engineeringexperience
- Requires leadership ability Excellent written and oral communications skills Ability to work with different cultures across the globe.
- BachelorDegree in an accredited Engineeringcurriculumrequired - mechanical, civil, structural preferred.