Grubhub is looking for an innately curious, business-minded, results-oriented Senior Decision Scientist with a focus on Systems Analysis. In this highly visible role, you will use simulation and systems thinking to evaluate and inform new business initiatives as well as development and execution of technology roadmaps. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data analysis, problem solving, development of operational concepts, scenario planning, and modeling of high fidelity simulations of our logistics systems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Understand the business! Work directly with stakeholders to address their needs.
- Model system interactions and behaviors for various holistic initiatives including subsystem interactions.
- Be a stakeholder for our simulation! Help guide and prioritize development of behavioral models to enhance the our capabilities.
- Question our assumptions! Find new and better ways to do what we’re doing.
- Test new delivery routing algorithms and business policies with our crack Decision Science team.
- Relentlessly analyze and improve the performance of our business.
You Should Have
- 5+ years of experienceapplying descriptive statistics, business process or scenario analysis, and visualization to solve real-world problems
- Education in Systems Engineering or anotherapplied math or engineering field
- Comfort communicating analytical findings to people of diverse backgrounds using statistical libraries and visualization tools in a language like Python or R
- Data querying capabilities using SQL
- Ability to explain technical concepts in simple terms to business stakeholders
Got These? Even Better
- Experience with Java or other software skills
- Experience with Agent Based Modeling
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Time spent working on a business intelligence or operational analysis team
- A knack for analyzing and improving processes using data
- Deep knowledge of the grammar of graphics