Job Description Summary
Responsible for the relationship management, performance, and growth of new and existing Major Account relationships. Major Accounts are typically manufacturers, large dealer groups and/or service companies. Manage the achievement of budgeted loan production and margins, SLAs (service level agreements), as other key performance indicators. Responsible for assessing Major Accounts' needs as they may change from time to time and offering innovative solutions that align with BoW and Major Accounts' short and long term program goals. Responsible for problem resolution. Work with internal partners to deliver a best-in-class service experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospect and originate new major account opportunities including needs assessment, issuing and negotiating proposals and governing documents. Works with key business partners including risk, operations, compliance, legal, finance, etc as the leader of the deal team.
- Establish agreed upon production targets, SLAs and objectives with Major Account relationships. Periodically refresh targets.
- Sales Management
- Monitor and measure performance. Capitalize on strong performance to win additional business, address lagging performance in a proactive, constructive way.
- Communicate frequently with all parties – internal and key contacts with Major Accounts.
- Represent Bank in all negotiations relating to the relationship including establishing objectives, pricing, program structures, documentation, repurchase claims, among other situations.
- Market and sell the Bank’s programs to key contacts including executive management, regional/local management and the Major Accounts’ dealers
Other Job Duties
- Manages monthly expenses within delegated budget, and within Bank guidelines.
- Coordination with Extended Team/Partners
- Ensure that all the internal partners are supported.
- Be an ambassador for the Bank and where possible, cross sell BoW products and services.
- Produce relevant management reports
- Keep current on Major Accounts’ management, business and financial performance, especially for those that are publicly traded.
- Keep current on industry trends
- Follows all Bank of the West policies and procedures for underwriting, presentation, and portfolio management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Proven account management abilities; ability to understand documentation requirements and financial reports.
- Requires significant experience in Relationship Management and is typically responsible for large and complex commercial and retail banking group relationships as applicable to the line of business.
- Administrative/Technical Skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Effective training and presentation skills
- Strong listening skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of PC/Computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Contact Management Software