As a Database Administrator with IQVIA, you’ll be responsible for design and/or modification of design of existing databases to solve database processing problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results. You’ll be tasked to:
- Ensures that databases meet required operational standards and performance levels (as measured by reliability, response time, query execution time, etc.).
- Act as senior consultant for lower staff providing technical advice and consultation on database analysis and database design reviews.
- Prepares recommendations based on potential database design and implementation approaches implementation approaches as well as backup and recovery strategies.
- Participates in the administration, monitoring, tuning and support of databases in the production environment
Skills & Experience
Candidates interested in joining IQVIA as a Database Administrator should have:
- Demonstrate analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, meeting and workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high-quality outcomes
- Hands on experience administering high availability MS SQL and/or Oracle databases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
Qualifications & Other requirements
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining IQVIA as a Database Administrator should have:
- Strong academic track record including bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline or knowledge acquired through equivalent experience and a minimum of eighth (8) years of information technology experience with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the database administration area
- Oracle and distributed databases experience are nice to have.
- Excellent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
- Experience working with distributed teams, preferably onshore-offshore combination