Senior database engineer is responsible for the overall management of the enterprise database systems. The role must specialize in the database engineering function. Role is considered a highly experienced and knowledgeable resource within the organization, as it pertains to management, design, and implementation of database systems. Role is also expected to determine efficient ways to maximize performance including hardware, server configuration changes or query/index changes.
- Provide lead role in troubleshooting service outages.
- Install, configure and administer enterprise database systems.
- Perform database systems consolidations, and version upgrades.
- Primary role in maintaining data integrity, and data security.
- Knowledge and experience in optimizing indexes and statistics.
- Provide performance tuning and optimization using native or third-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Deploys database change scripts provided by developers or third-party vendors.
- Drafts, and designs high availability and disaster recovery options for database systems.
- Lead role in response for situations where outage has occurred.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Establish and maintain documentation for all supported database environments.
- Research and identify solutions that enhance and progress technology for the organization.
- Design preventative maintenance strategies for infrastructure database systems.
- Mentor, advise, and instruct junior team members in the database administration role.
Bachelor’s degree in a computer science discipline or a comparable level of experience.
Seven (7) years or more of relevant experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
Experienced in working with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server integration Services (SSIS) is preferred.
Experience with native and third-party backup/recovery solution.
Working experience of implementing and administering AlwaysOn Availability Group solutions is required.
Experience in scripting and automation of essential tasks preferred.
Must exhibit approachable personality, and optimism for progression of processes, and technology.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certification on Microsoft SQL database administration preferred.
Must be able to obtain necessary multi-jurisdictional regulatory licensing required for IT staff.