The Business Intelligence (BI) Sr. Database Architect should exhibit technical excellence when creating and maintaining financial transactional and environmental Oracle databases by; driving for zero errors, maintaining data Integrity, meeting internal and legal standards, and adding customer value. The position will ensure proper data maintenance, databasesecurity, and database management. The person should possess good business requirements analysis skills and be able to work on site within a small team environment.
This position will work directly with various existing databases, architect and implement new databases, as well as design/manage user interfaces, while supporting data governance processes in the organization, serving as an independent validator of the organization's regulatory and other externally-facing data requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop data storage and management strategy
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Prepares and trains end users by conducting training and creating standard work
- Provides databasesupport by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and problem solving assistance to other team members. Coaches less-experienced individuals.
Required Experience and abilities:
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in relational database architecture design and development of database architecture and user interface applications.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of analytic and problem-solving skills to sift through complex transactional financial and environmental data.
- 3 or more years of Business data analysis or related technical experience.
- Leading and coaching teams, familiarity with Lean or Agile systems.
- Minimum Bachelor's level degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- SQL, Excel expert, Oracle forms, data analytic applications e.g. Python.