Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with databaseengineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- Development and maintenance of master business terms, master definitions and master sources. Support business and IT integration to understand and develop optimized data models for database implementations for business requirements.
- Actively participate in group discussions to gain consensus on data security classifications
- Develop queries and scripts against databases and servers to extract data for analysis
- Analyze current integration architecture including: materialized views/views through db links/flat files, query timings, determining file size and assist in redesigning existing data transfers.
- Maintain UML models using industry tools
- Design and build XSDs and WSDLs based on UML model
- Work effectively as part of a team to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
- Establish a sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely, cost-effective manner with quality
- Maintain an exceptional level of customer focus and maintain an inspired culture that is time based and centered on integrity and customer focus
- Build relationships with key PJM personnel to educate them on the IT vision and strategy.
- Work with infrastructure groups to find and optimize the existing processes and implementations.
- Provide support to complete all data requests for security and audit requests.
- Use technical knowledge to suggest improvements in system operations, performance and usage.
- Work with IT infrastructure and operations to support in implementation of optimized solutions for data management, including backup/recovery, data governance and automation.
- Build working knowledge of key products that facilitate data management including operating system, storage and new data management solutions.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- BS, Computer Science or ElectricalEngineering
- At least 5 years of experience leadership/consulting experience
- Ability to produce high-quality work products with attention to detail
- Ability to visualize and solve complex problems
- Experience developing Oracle Stored Procedures/functions/packages
- Experience in developing applications using Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with DBMS concepts (including SQL queries, tables, views, DB links, etc.)
- Experience with Java-based web development frameworks and technologies including JSF (PrimeFaces or Rich Faces), Struts 2, Spring MVC/WebFlow and component technologies including HTML, JSON/Ajax, CSS and XML
- MBA, Business Administration
- Experience with PJM operations, markets, and planning functions
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendShareon your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.