This position is for a software database administrator in our IT department in the Nashville office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with minimal guidance and supervision of the Director, Database Services to design, develop and administer SQL Server databases and data warehouses. Maintain data integrity and security for all HealthStream databases. Assure acceptable performance of database portion of Healthcare Learning Center and any other products offered by HealthStream. Represent the Database group in meetings when the Director cannot participate due to scheduling or other reasons.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 4 yeardegree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Masters’ degree a plus
- Demonstrated experience with all of the following required: log shipping, replication, performance tuning, Transact-SQL, data modeling, SSIS, data warehousing
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Database administrator including on-call duties required
- Experience with tuning query performance, examining execution plans, using Profiler traces and other performance diagnostic tools required
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 4 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008R2 (some 2000)
- Experience with the following preferred: Clustered environment, Notification Services, Reporting Services, SAN storage