- Provide engineering, installation, configuration, maintenance and support in a 24/7 support environment. Monitor designated applications and take corrective action to prevent or minimize system down time. Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the Databases, working closely with system administration staff and otherDatabase Administrators. Ability to think logically and analytically.
Must have extensive hands on experience as a database developer/administrator capable of developing and analyzing highly complex system standards, thresholds and provide recommendations to maximize system performance. Identify and fix performance bottlenecks and tune the databases using traditional techniques and tools like Oracle OEM Grid, Splunk, TOAD etc. require knowledge on wait event tuning, session blocking, SQL and index tuning and SQL Profiles.
- Configure solutions for High Availability, Load balancing and fail over support. Follow disaster recovery policies and procedures; complete back-ups.
- Work closely with multiple departments as well as provide detailed status reports on assigned projects and ongoing support for assigned systems and applications. Implement changes into production environments to support change management and releasescheduling. Coordinate efforts during production outages and work with otherinternal teams on root cause analysis and resolution thus ensuring performance of systems meet expected Service Level Agreements.
- Experience with High Availability systems like Exadata, Oracle RAC using version Oracle 11g, 12c.
- Experience with DBMS Software installation, upgrade process and administration, including Oracle, MongoDB.
Experience in storage management systems like ASM, OCFS2, DBFS, ZFS.
- Experience in securing databases by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, knowledge on data encryption using Oracle TDE, OKV, HSM, Oracle databaseauditing, QRadar, Oracle Flashback.
- Experience with replication tools like Oracle Data Guard Broker, GoldenGate, IBM CDC.
- Experience with programming languages like SQL, PL/SQL; Python, Shell Scripting; development experiencepreferred. Experience with Linux, UNIX, Windows, and Networking
- Experience with cloud computing concepts, tools, services, experience with Database As A Service concepts and mechanisms
- Experience with database object version control mechanisms, knowledge about Alembic. Experience working in Agile development environment preferred.
- Experience with database backup/recovery tools like RMAN, EXPDP/IMPDP, mongodump, snapshot etc. Experience with disaster recovery solutions and operations
- Write clear, concise, well organized technical documentation to maintain standards and procedures
- Participate in on-call for production database rotation, daily maintenance, monitoring, problem resolution and internal customer/dev support.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), Oracle Data Integrator would be plus
Education: Bachelors Degree Computer Science
Experience: 6-8 yrs
Details: Database development. Modeling, In-depth concepts of RDBMS Oracle / SQL Server, MongoDB