Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Not Specified years
Posted 58 days ago
Join CGI’s dynamic team charged with developing and modernizing the IT systems for a Federal agency that helps make affordable housing a reality for millions of Americans. Bring your talent to a brand new opportunity to help the federal government modernize a suite of applications in the mortgage backed securities market.
The objective of this program is to modernize and enhance the IT capabilities in support of the client's applications while maintaining a reliable, stable and secure operating environment. As a Senior Database Administrator, you will play a vital role as the technical lead resource as it relates to database administration while also interfacing with both contractor and client personnel.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead a team of junior DBAs to administer, test, and implement databases, applying knowledge of database management systems.
• Provide expertise and guidance in logical and physical database design, development, operations, security and maintenance
• Evaluate and advise on data processing techniques, database management, and management information systems, concepts, and applications
• Supervise daily database maintenance including monitoring backups, managing disk space, and maintaining database objects
• Supervise database security administration such as User IDs, Passwords, roles, etc.
• Oversee the maintenance of client documentation including database topology, connection procedures, and special instructions.
• Participate in change management processes including deployment of database changes in all environments as requested, following client change management standards and procedures.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience with Oracle 12c required
• Demonstrated experience with database design, coding, and documentation
• Advanced knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
• Extensive experience with relational databases and relational database management systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related field/equivalent experience
• Oracle Database 12c DBA or similar certifications desired
Position ID: J0319-0574