BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Senior Database Administrator, Database Engineering & Operations
As a member of the Database Engineering and Operations team, Database Administrator will design, build, maintain and support databases solutions at on-promise and AWS. We are looking for you, if you have passion to work in agile environment and experience in supporting variety of relational database solutions including Oracle, SQL Server.
- Database administration including database design, software installations, database creations and upgrades, replication, backup and recovery, scripting, performance monitoring.
- Setup and monitor DR and Data Guard solutions to reduce the recovery time at the standby site to minimize data loss in case of a disaster. This includes maintaining database service levels and availability goals; database monitoring.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues related to connectivity, integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocks, replication, profile, data guard, backup & recovery, security and log shipping
- Automate DBA related tasks and jobs using shell scripts.
- Conduct hands-on troubleshooting, problem analysis and resolution.
- Manage and prioritize multiple work streams across different projects and business units.
- Work in a very Agile environment with customer-centric philosophy, a drive to go above and beyond the norm to fully resolve issues.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide 7x24 support to production environments.
- 7+ years of database administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar major is required.
- 5+ years of professional experience managing Oracle databases.
- 2+ years of experience managing SQL Server databases.
- Strong performance tuning, backup & recovery (RMAN and logical backups), security, upgrades and Data guard.
- Strong Oracle Database knowledge and hands on experience in terms of planning, installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting issues in version 12c, 18c and 19c.
- Strong shell scripting skills.
- Experience with various tools like OEM, SQL developer etc.
- Willingness to learn MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS services likes RDS, Redshift
- Excellent ability to document current requirements and enhance existing processes throughout our infrastructure.
- Nice to have experience in managing SAP databases on Oracle and HANA