At First National, our employees are the heart of our story—and we’re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization’s success.
The Sr. Developer, Technology is responsible for collaborating with the Delivery team to ensure the solutions developed will deliver value and improve the quality of the software. This includes partnering with the Systems Analyst and Testers on the Delivery team todefine tasks and provide final estimates for User Stories. The Developers are responsible for attending and participating in all Scrum ceremonies.
The Senior Data Warehouse / BI Developer reports to the Delivery Manager for Enterprise Business Intelligence and serves as a key technical resource for the Delivery Team. In this role you partner with the Program Team to further refine and implement technical solutions. As part of this work, you will be involved in executing the development of back end data flows for: reports, dashboards, scorecards, ETL packages, and other BI components based on specific to prioritized and planned projects and production support activities. You will need to perform these duties in alignment with existing defined architecture and development standards. You will work as part of a matrixed and self-directed team, leveraging Agile methodology to deliver high value projects and enhancements for the business. You will be expected to be a change advocate and strong team player that helps motivate and guide the team.
- Works as part of a team of developers oncriticalprojects/technology initiativesincluding:
- Drive best practice utilization, process documentation and be solutions focused
- Guide the sizing of work effort
- Coordinate designs and integration across the enterprise
- Technical expert for development and responsible for ensuring quality of solutions delivered
- Change champion for Agile methodologies and Continuous Improvement
- Mentor junior development team on effective development techniques as well as efficient delivery of business value via automation.
- Senior technical resource for the resolution of production support issues
- Guide and support for testing efforts
- Analysis of source system databases, identification of required data, and data profiling.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience or a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience
- 3 years of experience with VLDB leveraging Microsoft PDW
- 3 years of experience developing solutions using the Microsoft BI Stack
- 3 years of experience (advanced knowledge) of Structured Query Language, T-SQL and Dynamic SQL
- 3 years of experience with SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- 3 years of experience with database optimization for data warehousing
- 3 years of experience creating databases and managing associated permissions
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Deep data analysis skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with peers, team, business analysts, management and third-party service providers