$80K — $100K *
How would you like to work for one of Fortune’s top 100 Best Places to Work since 2016? At First American, we believe in People First – a simple idea that has endured since the founding of First American in 1889. A 130-year legacy of actively supporting our employee’s careers and wellbeing, and it shows in the passion and energy of our employees. We are seeking a Senior Valuations Data Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary team of scientists with diverse backgrounds and experience in physics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering and economics. The ideal candidate will be intricately involved in development and deployment of innovative and unique machine-learning and AI solutions that strengthen the enterprise and create industry leading innovation by leveraging the quality and depth of our data assets and machine-learning with the diverse and deep technological strength of our team. We believe the marriage of First American’s deep eminent knowledge of our industry combined with our dedication to innovation, data assets and emergence of the latest AI capabilities represent a unique opportunity for industry-transforming innovation. This is a perfect opportunity for the successful candidate to join a start-up minded team within the safety of a 130-year old proven organization dedicated to using AI to support innovation and implementation of the most valuable business solutions for the entire organization.
Sr. Data Scientist- Valuations
Responsible for independently developing statistical, machine-learning, and AI solutions including classification, regression, clustering, dimensionality reduction, forecasting, natural language processing (NLP) and deep learning associated to property valuation. Designs, develops and implements machine learning pipelines and models with high performance, scalability and quality for production environments. Identifies solutions by gathering requirements, performing exploratory analysis and maintaining relationships with business partners and interprets and independently communicates model results effectively.
· Leverage skills and experience to develop data pipelines and statistical or machine-learning solutions for property valuation and implement them in production environments.
· Independently perform end-to-end activities within the model development life cycle from problem identification, feature engineering, model training and evaluation and deployment.
· Leverage skills and experience to perform exploratory analysis, construct relevant variables, and identify patterns and data anomalies.
· Identify opportunities for machine-learning, deep-learning and computer vision models to enable key success criteria. Experience with NLP a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with large datasets and an understanding of real estate property information and data attributes
· Knowledge of underlying mathematical theory and experience with diverse statistical and machine learning methods (e.g. – GLM/Regression, Decision Trees, Clustering, PCA, SVM, Classification, Ensemble methods, NLP etc.)
· Demonstrated understanding of programming theory and proficiency with languages such as Python, R or C#
· Understanding of database technologies (SQL, No-SQL) and hands on experience developing high performance SQL queries
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· MS or equivalent in Mathematics, Statistics, or Computer Science or related field
· PhD degree preferred
Typical Range of Experience:
· PhD in a related quantitative field or an MS/MA in a related quantitative field and 3 or more years of experience building data pipelines and deploying statistical and machine learning models
Valid through: 3/22/2021