About the Role:
NextRoll is seeking a Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing Product Analytics team. We are looking for someone with a deep understanding of math, statistics, and experimental design to help us launch and evolve new high-impact marketing products. You will be integrated in a product and engineering team to become the analytics authority for a product, from defining the data produced to mining for insights. This is an opportunity to support a brand new product and craft its design, metrics, and direction. We're looking for a high-impact individual who can not only produce hard analytics from NextRoll's large data sets, but also develop hypotheses and test why specific metrics are changing.
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to support product launches and feature releases
- Design logging and define success metrics for a new product
- Run experiments and analysis to influence strategic decision-making and steer the product roadmap
- Research optimization levers to improve product performance and functionality
- Analyze business and marketing data to identify drivers of product adoption and retention
- Build dashboards, product scorecards, and forecasts to keep the entire team up-to-date
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- B.A./B.S. in Statistics, Math, Economics, Finance, Computer Science, or a similar field
- Database experience including proficiency in SQL
- Excellent communication, organization, and critical thinking skills with experience presenting to various business contacts at all levels in the company
- Passion for working with product management and engineering
- Ability to thrive in a fun and fast-paced start-up environment
- A roll up your sleeves attitude
- A great sense of humor
- Coding experience with scripting languages such as R and Python
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau
- Background in online advertising
- Masters degree in statistics, math, or a related field
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel.