Who We Are
Overhaul is a supply chain integrity solutions company that allows shippers to connect disparate sources of data into the first fully transparent situational analysis engine designed for the logistics industry. Data that is transformed into critical insights can instantly trigger corrective actions, impacting everything from temperature control to handling requirements or package-level tracking, ensuring cargo arrives at its destination safely, undamaged, and on time. We are a dynamic, innovative, and fun team who is highly committed to our customers’ experiences and our Mission and Vision
The Overhaul team is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to serve in a role supporting the data insights / data science workflow and infrastructure (the queries and pipelines) for Overhaul and our customers.
As a member of our Data Science and Analytics team, you will establish yourself as a key expert and evangelist on our data, working cross-functionally to ensure data self-service and generate insights about our business in support of key initiatives. You’ll develop infrastructure, schema, and pipelines that become a part of Business Intelligence workflows, Data Science processes, and the product itself. You will build and iterate on a modern, SaaS-based data warehouse, analytics, visualization, and catalog infrastructure stack.
We’re looking for someone who is able to clearly communicate and collaborate with others and is passionate about working with data.
- Develop an understanding of the logistics industry as well as Overhaul’s core business functions and processes.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders to identify analytical needs and document requirements. At Overhaul, a Data Scientist solves business problems as much as data problems.
- Identify patterns in large data sets and develop machine learning and statistical models to automate everyday decision-making and generate insights.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering departments to support the company’s technology roadmap.
- Prepare, clean, and wrangle data for use in predictive and prescriptive statistical modeling.
- Support the design and development of new data and data structures to facilitate analytical capabilities.
- Visualize and communicate results to key business stakeholders based on analysis.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology trends, always be learning, and conduct product evaluations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Business and 7+ Years of experience in Data Science or Data Analysis; OR Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field and 3+ Years of experience in Data Science or Machine Learning.
- Experience delivering analytics solutions using Python, R or Scala and pulling valuable data out of relational databases, APIs, and NoSQL data warehouses.
- Solid knowledge of statistical and machine learning techniques like regression, classification, and clustering.
- Strong written & oral communication skills and an ability to present effectively to stakeholders of all levels.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience thriving within an Agile environment.
- Experience in the Logistics or Transportation Industry a plus.
- Proven work experience as a Data Expert or similar role
- Collaborative, communicative, and consultative work style
- Detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Excellent time-management skills
What we commit to you
- Competitive starting base salary with performance-based increases
- Progressive advancement opportunity and career mobility
- Top employee health and well- being benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Rotating company perks at work program
- Caregiver/adoption/family leave
- Free parking
- Flexible Working
We are guided by our core values of Diversity and Synergy, Creativity, Problem Solving, Authenticity and Receptivity, Trust, Encouragement, Teaching and Learning, Wellness and Integrity. These values help us recruit aligned talent to join our rapidly expanding team around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Overhauler is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done, but is also an awesome addition to our company culture.