Forcepoint is seeking a qualified full-time professional services Field Data Scientist (FDS) to facilitate configuration, data integration and training of our commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber and regulatory surveillance UEBA products. This individual must be highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be technically proficient.
Our Field Data Scientists are experts in a wide range of complementary statistical disciplines, including computational biology, natural language processing, machine learning, computational neuroscience, and economics. As an FDS you will design and implement analytic strategies to address customer use cases, develop robust ETL pipelines to support these analytic strategies, interface with the broader Forcepoint data science team to drive analytic capabilities of the platform, and overall facilitate an efficient, effective, and robust deployment of the Forcepoint UEBA platform to characterize and detect insider threats.
The successful candidate will be offered specialized training to support our technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment. Additionally, the FDS will provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site/remote support to customers. This position requires up to 5-10% travel domestic and international as needed to meet customer and project requirements.
- Provide exceptional implementation services to new customers, including supporting data ingestion, analytic configuration, customer training
- Work directly with customers to design and implement robust analytic strategies in the Forcepoint UEBA platform to address use cases in cyber security and regulatory surveillance
- Partner with the UEBA Delivery team to integrate with and automate ingest for a wide variety of data sources (databases, remote servers, flat files, APIs, etc.) to ensure data is quickly and reliably available in all contexts
- Prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Interface with the broader Forcepoint data science team about analytic opportunities and accomplishments in the field to drive the evolution of the Forcepoint UEBA platform
- Provide technical briefings to customer leadership and Forcepoint corporate leadership as required
- Coordinate tasks and activities with various groups within Forcepoint, the government or partners
Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Applied Math / Statistics, Physics, Information Security or equivalent work experience
- Experience conducting data analysis and visual communication of analytical results
- Experience with the ETL pipeline: cleaning, transforming, and ingesting large structured and unstructured data streams
- Experience writing modular and reusable code in Python
- Facility in scripting and troubleshooting application errors in Linux/Unix environments
- Possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers
- Must be a US Citizen in possession of a valid U.S. Passport
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field
- 2+ years technical experience with use cases in finance and/or information security
- Experience with Apache NiFi for managing large-scale ETL tasks
- Integration experience with data stores such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Splunk, ArcSight, Cloudera, etc.