What you’ll do:
Our Data Scientists deliver analytic solutions across a wide variety of client applications. We build inferential and predictive models, including machine learning algorithms and AI; we process, integrate and manipulate big data with distributed systems and customer data pipelines; we synthesize results and translate findings into compelling stories that resonate with clients.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll solve complex marketing and business challenges—from cross-channel media and customer experience optimization to segmentation, targeting and business strategy—by accessing, integrating, manipulating, mining and modeling a wide array of data sources.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Translating and reframing marketing and business questions into analytical plans.
- Using distributed computing systems to ingest, access and integrate disparate big data sources.
- Conducting extensive exploratory analysis to identify relevant insights, useful transformations and analytical applications.
- Applying quantitative techniques, including statistical and machine learning, to uncover latent patterns in the data.
- Building and testing scalable data pipelines or models for real-time applications.
- Summarizing, visualizing, communicating and documenting analytic concepts, processes and results for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to establish clear analytical objectives, approaches and timelines.
- Sharing knowledge, debating techniques, and conducting research to advance the collective knowledge and skills of our Data Science practice.
We’re looking for rigorous analytic training and 3+ years professional experience in a data science or analytics role, which typically includes:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, operations research, data science, computer science, engineering, marketing or social science methods.
- Hands-on experience mining data for decision-focused insights.
- Hands-on experience running common statistical or machine learning procedures, such as descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing, dimension reduction, feature transformation, supervised or unsupervised learning.
- Hands-on experience using Python or R, SQL, and distributed computing systems such as Hadoop or AWS. Familiarity with Linux and/or Spark preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in marketing analytical applications.
- Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with flat structure.
Job ID 2017-25564