AXS is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. This person will work on the exciting and challenging aspects of pricing and revenue management in the ticketing industry using statistical modeling and machine learning. You will gain hands on experience utilizing the rich set of ticketing data at AXS, building and deploying scalable data science tools. You will also collaborate with a dynamic team, work with various business stakeholders and make strong business impacts.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the full data science lifecycle from model design, development, deploying/building data pipelines, and evaluating alignment with business goals
- Translate requests and problems into frameworks for improving pricing strategy performance, driving value, and impacting business outcomes
- Identify needs, explore relevant data and develop applicable tools to drive business decision and strategy making
- Effectively collaborate with business partners to communicate findings and understand key pricing problems and define strategic priorities.
What to Bring
- MS in a quantitative field, such as Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, and other technical fields.
- 2+ years of hands-on, practical modeling and engineering experience.
- Past experience on pricing strategy and revenue management strongly preferred.
- Proficiency using SQL, Python or R.
- Experience building statistically modeling and applying machine learning techniques.
- Experience with Git, bash/UNIX scripting preferred.
- Experience on Bayesian modeling desired but not required.
- Strong communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Rigorous attention-to-detail, keen critical thinking skills, and pragmatic problem-solving mindset