About the Role:
NextRoll's data infrastructure team processes 100TB of compressed data, 4 trillion events, and 100B real time events daily on a scalable, highly available platform. As a member of the data & analytics team, you will side by side with data engineers, analysts, and data scientists to develop novel systems, algorithms, and processes to handle massive amounts of data using languages such as Python and Java.
Are you passionate about Data Infrastructure?
Do you want to join a dynamic and growing engineering team?
We are looking for you! Come "roll" with us.
- Develop and operate our data pipeline & manage data infrastructure
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to develop data-driven dashboards and systems
- Take on some of the most significant problems in high-performance, scalable analytics
- Available for after hour issues and the ability to be on call, but aiming incessantly to reduce after hours incidents
- Available to mentor Junior Engineers on the team
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience working with scalable systems, large-scale data processing, and ETL pipelines
- Experience using data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, or Storm
- Experience with NoSQL databases: Redis, Cassandra, or HBase
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as Postgres or MySQL
- Experience developing and deploying applications on Linux infrastructure
- Knowledge of Amazon EC2 or other cloud-computing services
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- The opportunity to win the coveted Golden Bagel award