The Sr. Data Research Analyst will be responsible for understanding, gathering and presenting data applicable to the operations of Zenith's business units such as claims, legal, underwriting, actuarial, medical management and other. The Sr. Data Research Analyst will interact regularly with management and front-line employees to ensure the gathering of relevant claims, legal, marketing, underwriting, actuarial, and medical information.
The Sr. Data Research Analyst will also interact regularly with Zenith staff to develop reporting metrics along with suggested business operations changes based upon those metrics.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze and resolve data problems where necessary to ensure accurate and relevant information is presented to the business often with suggestions for operational improvements.
- Develop various analytical reports and tools using approved technology platform(s)
- Formulate recommendations and providing guidance to other members of the team.
- Collaborate with IT on data capture and reporting issues and contribute to the development of rules and processes for warehousing of reporting data.
- Understand key goals of the department and the company.
- Coach and mentor the Data Research Analysts in all aspects of reporting and research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years related experience in the insurance industry (i.e., worker's compensation highly preferred).
- Proficiency with T-SQL, PL - SQL, Microsoft Office applications (including VBA and data Connectivity Components),
Business Objects Reporting Platform, SSRS.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Excellent organizational and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Bachelors or better.
5 years:Related experience in the insurance industry (i.e., worker's compensation highly preferred).