Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
The primary function of this role is to maintain, analyze and report data to ensure focus on the company’s key performance indicators, and provide interpretation of the data. The candidate must have the ability to work with systems to perform analyses on large, complex data sets and conduct analysis of findings and provide strategic insights, hypotheses, actionable recommendations and conclusions based upon findings to managers and leadership.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities in the following below:
- Ability to create custom reports and tell stories with data
- Uncovers issues, evaluates various courses of action, and promotes the best option for resolution.
- Access and compile large amounts of data and applies statistical techniques to analyze the data, forecast, interpret, and quantify trends on various aspects of information.
- Identifies and analyzes data from disparate sources to derive insights and turn data into actionable information.
- Effectively use data visualization, in summaries and/or dashboards, to enhance translation of data and findings in brief and intelligible format, suitable for any audience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, with customers and stakeholders to build strong internal and external relationships while maintaining a high sense of urgency and customer focus.
- Perform data profiling and root cause analysis to identify and understand anomalies. As appropriate, work with management and IT to address these issues
- Build and analyze data sets
- Work with clients and team members educating them on our data and providing insights to solve their business problems
Preferred Qualifications / Ability to demonstrate Technical Skills in the following:
- Advanced proficiency with spreadsheet and database management tools
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VBA programming, macros, and advanced formulas.
- Ability to manipulate LARGE DATASETS
- Utilize pivot tables and ‘VLookUp’ function with ease
- Strong data comparison and analysis skills
- Ability to handle various data types from many sources
- SQL experience (e.g. executing scripts, manipulating result sets, delivery via Excel)
- Writing SQL queries
- Data Mining and Mapping
Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Business, Accounting, Environmental Sciences, Project Management or other industry-related field, or in lieu of degree, a High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
Experience: Three (3) years of previous business analytics experience with responsibility in project/business management and/or environmental/sustainability or services industry.