The Senior Business Process Reporting Analyst is responsible for defining and refining business report requirements that address business needs. They must be able to document and develop reporting solutions. This position plays an important role in the development and implementation of business intelligence and corporate reporting solutions regarding membership. May also serve as a liaison between business users and IT report developers to understand reporting needs, develop requirements, and ensure data architecture is implemented to support alignment with business requirements. Actively participates in development and support of reporting and business intelligence solutions, and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents and maintains database queries and reports related to, but not limited to enrollment, eligibility, and capitation
- Works with internal and external department customers to define and document requirements to enrich reporting capabilities
- Develops systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Troubleshoots data integrity issues, analyzes data for completeness to meet business goals and trending
- Transfers data into meaningful, professional and easy to understand formats for various audiences
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Supports complex projects that require cross functional coordination. Works closely with all customers to accomplish mutual goals and strategies in order to support company goals
- Serves as a resource to Membership staff, answering questions and assisting with department informatics, reporting and trending, and workflow/operational issues
- Escalates issues to department leadership for support and guidance
- Performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business systems, processes, and/or organizational impacts
- Assists in the development and testing of new reports and ongoing support of existing solutions, including defect identification and resolution
- Advises on the implications of existing systems that can be applied to a reporting problem. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
- Checks, instructs, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems regarding membership
- Provides subject matter expertise and operational support to internal business partners
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business administration or other related field (Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and/ or financial analysis, with development and testing related to reporting
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Reporting
- Advanced Excel knowledge (v look ups, statistical analysis, etc)
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and/or experience in Medicare Advantage Part D (MAPD) operations
- Experience with health plan or health care administration.
- Experience with CMS Enrollment and Disenrollment guidelines.
- Experience with various reporting and analytics tools (Business Objects, Cognos, SSRS, etc)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Visual Studio, Visual Basic, and Integration Services