Sr. Data Platform Engineer
At Art.com we help Customers find Art that they love and enjoy by offering the world's largest selection of art and decor items for home and businesses, as well as professional custom framing and mounting services. We are a stable and growing eCommerce corporation on the path of continued innovation and growth. We share a passion for excellent customer service, value innovation, creativity and quality of delivered solutions and services. Our recent product releases: ArtView (Augmented Reality) and Gallery Wall Designer have been featured in New York Times and TechCrunch.
Do you like to pull together signals and data from any sources that will influence all aspects of the company's decisions? Do you like to move fast, use the latest technology that fits the needs, and see the direct impacts of your work on the Customers?
We are looking for an experienced Data Platform Engineer to join our analytics platform team in designing and developing the next generation data,analytics, and machine learning solutions. The candidate should have deep technical skills as well as the ability to understand data and analytics, and an openness to working with disparate platforms, data sources and data formats. You will be closely working with our Growth Marketers, Product Managers, and other Engineers.
- Analyze, design, develop and implement solutions for data lake components.
- Work with business and technology groups, especially with Growth Marketers, to understand business processes and convert business needs into technical solutions
- Analyze data, system and data flows and develop new data models in production.
- Design, build and deploy efficient data integration, extraction, transformation, and loading process.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets, including quality.
- Work with data from disparate environments (SQL,NoSQL, Columnar, etc.) data stores on premises and on the cloud
- Write scripts/programs to extract from and publish data using APIs (SOAP, REST etc.), working with data in various formats such as relational, JSON, XML etc.
- Develop the next generation analytics platform on the cloud
- Maintain and improve existing production processes.
- Analyze data and build reports and visualizations using BI reporting and visualization tools
- Support business analysts, managers and executives in their daily data needs
- Monitor and tune performance of ETL flows and BI reporting/query performance
- Bachelor's and/or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field from an accredited college/university
- 5+ years of experience in the data warehouse space
- 4+ years experience of writing and optimizing SQL statements
- 3+ years experience in ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- 3+ years experience in schema design and dimensional modeling
- 2+ years experience in MPP or MapReduce systems
- 2+ years experience in Cloud-based Data Warehousing
- 1+ years experience with marketing data providers (e.g. Facebook, MediaMath, DoubleClick)
- Experience with data cleansing methodologies and tools a plus
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills a must
- Excellent business and communication skills and the ability to identify and communicate data issues and insights
- Preferredexperience in ETL systems such as Business Objects Data Services, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, or DataStage,
- Preferredexperience in Cloud BigData such as AWS Redshift or BigQuery.
- Prefered experience in BI/Visualization tools such as Business Objects, Tableau preferred; MicroStrategy, Cognos, Oracle OBIEE.