Job Description Summary: Plan, organize, design and implement data migrations from legacy systems into the data warehouse. Facilitate end to end implementation including gathering requirements, extracting from various disparate data source systems, curating data through conversions and loading it to the destination systems. This role will primarily focus on SAP BI, SAP HANA, BODS - ETL.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Meet with users to understand the required data for reporting requirements
• Gather and store data in relational data-models from various data sources
• Curate the data from different sources to make it usable
• Build table joins and custom calculations in the data model based on user requirements
• Define and maintains data lineage
• Extract data from disparate technologies like SAP BI, SAP HANA, Oracle, SQL, PeopleSoft, GIS systems
• Define data conversion routines based on reporting requirements
• Manage and manipulate large amounts of data and its related performance tuning methodologies
• Work with business users to build their reports and dashboards based on the data required
• Participate and lead research and development efforts (proofs of concept, prototypes), as subject matter experts, when introducing new technologies.
• Serve as technical owner and point of contact for data ETL (Extraction, Transformation, Loading).
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in information technology, business analytics, or data management, inclusive of 3+ years of experience extracting data using SQL and ETL technology like Data services & Informatica
• Thorough understanding of information models and information architectures
• Experience with Reporting Technology like Business Objects
• Experience with connecting to a wide variety of source systems like SQL, Oracle, DB2, and SAP.
• Demonstrated track record of designing and producing meaningful, valid data conversions
• Demonstrated the ability to work in a highly collaborative approach with diverse business users and manage multiple competing priorities and assignments.
• Proven ability to work effectively as a member of various teams in a matrixed environment, which may include company personnel, project resources, and third-party/outsourced vendors.
• Robust and current technical background on new BI and reporting technologies.
• Experience in end to end life cycle implementation – User information gathering to data model deployment
• Must have experience with data testing, report writing, and data management
• Must have experience with requirements gathering and documentation processes
• Familiarity with AGILE/Scrum development preferred
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects
• Fast learner and open to learning new ETL and Reporting technologies
• Utility and SAP BI on HANA experience is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and understand business users
• Deep analytical experience and understanding of data processes
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled
Auto req ID1289BR