- Contribute to the strategy and engineering of the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service and overseeing the operation of the service.
- Consult and partner with scientists to modify and optimize their workflows to efficiently manage data, tiering it for performance and long term discovery and use.
- Responsible for engineering and maintaining the API interfaces for the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service including the store, retrieve, index, search and archive capabilities (e.g. iRODS, samverna, mediaflux, etc.).
- Dedicated transfer protocols (e.g. aspera, zettar, etc) to ensure Data Lifecycle Management services API’s are performant at scale and over long distances.
- Work closely with other members of the RSI team to ensure that all data managed by the data life cycle management and tiering RSI service can effectively and efficiently be accessed by all the other RSI services (cloud, container, HPC) and integrate with other core services (network, Identity & Access Management, automation).
This position is not eligible for relocation.
- Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree preferred) in a relevant field of technology, science or business.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience with engineering storage systems and their integration and use in scientific environments.
- Experience in one or more object storage technologies and familiarity with at least one meta data management technology.
- Experience in tuning and optimizing high volume RESTful store/retrieve operations on high bandwidth/high latency networks.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby) used to automate data manipulation operations as well as definition languages (e.g. YAML/JSON) for maintaining configurations and data catalogues.
- Familiarity with one or more high performance data transport protocol (gridFTP, aspera, zettar).
- Demonstrated passion for excellence and ability to partner and deliver exemplifying the Roche Leadership Commitments