At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we’re best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, and researchers in a scalable, reliable, and secure fashion is a software product challenge.
“We wanted flying cars and instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We’ve raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, and data integrations with internal and external systems to deliver useful and elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic and therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test and receive our clinical reports, and deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms and drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), and a variety of AWS services to analyze and disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
About the Role
The Software team is looking for an experienced and energetic engineer to lead the development of Electronic Medical Record (EMR) integrations that enables the company to exchange healthcare information with its partners, clients and customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work with very interesting technologies and datasets (human genomics)
- Closely work with commercial team (product management, sales, operation) to understand and help define the strategic partnerships with customers and partners
- Collaborate with othersoftware engineers, architects and customers to develop and deploy data pipelines and services that enable data exchange with external medical record systems
You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with driving a product from inception to birth, leading internal and external collaborations, and communicating technical and non-technical information across multiple functions and levels.
You can analyze the big picture, design enterprise services, implement and prove your code is great with automated test results. You do not need to be micromanaged; to accomplish team and company goals, you can wear multiple hats and pickup new technologies and languages.
You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles, regulatory compliance and business needs.
In addition, you bring
- 7+ years of enterprise software development, primarily in Java or Python
- 2+ years of implementing healthcare communications and EMR integrations using HL7
- Solid hands on experience developing production RESTful APIs and enterprise data integration layer
- Expertise in data modeling and developing schemas (relational and NoSQL data stores)
- Experience with message broker technologies such as AMQP is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework
- Bachelor’s degree in softwareengineering, CS, or EE.