Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
Unum is hiring for a Senior Data Governance Engineer who will support the technical tools needed to enable data governance and compliance programs. In this key role you will work closely with team members to analyze and help define requirements, analyze data and business processes, integrate data and process controls, and participate in the design and implementation of reports, algorithms, and other data management and governance techniques required to build and support modern data processes and systems. The role will include technical development and support of the data governance tool suite as well engaging key stakeholders to create a comprehensive and well adopted governance platform.Job Specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Data Engineering OR a related field and 6 years of professional experience in software programming, software development, data engineering or related role.
- Familiarity with SDLC – software development life cycle & change management
- Knowledge of Data Governance principle and practices
- Experience with data catalogs, business glossaries, data governance and metadata management
- Experience with data analysis to understand all data interdependencies in connection with business requirements
- Experience with industry leading data governance platform and architectures
Principal Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in development of new Data Governance policies, procedures, and frameworks
- Assist in the integration of Data Governance controls in existing business and technical processes
- Conduct ongoing review of Data Governance artifacts for necessary controls and technical information
- Support enterprise metadata identification and cataloging efforts
- Will triage and onboard highly complex data requests and issues
- Interface directly with end users to resolve questions that require technical research
- Provides technical subject matter expert knowledge and consulting on data usage, data quality, and data management techniques
- Work with IT and business to design and deploy data quality rules, data monitoring of cataloged assets, and escalation processes
- Presents solutions to both business and technical stakeholders
- Continually improves the integrity of governance and data through delivery of validated, accurate sources
- Works with data stewards, subject matter experts, and IT to ensure ongoing refine of controls and other technical aspects of the governance framework
- Works with developers to understand the business application logic and data housed in source applications for proper design and deployment of governance tools
- Provides technical support for proof of concepts in cloud technology toolsets
- Support Enterprise Data Catalog, Data Lineage, and other Data Governance efforts