- Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation's premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions operates under local management teams and distinct brands in 11 western states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. The company is a national leader in Small Business Administration lending and public finance advisory services, and is a consistent top recipient of Greenwich Excellence awards in banking. In addition, Zions is included in the S&P 500 and NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
Data Analytics Integration team is responsible for ingesting and processing terabytes of data a day to make business decisions. Our team is lean and agile. We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Data Engineer to help us architect and build the next generation Data Platform.
- Design and Develop highly available distributed system to extract, process and load (ETL) data from disparate sources across the organization.
- Work with Data Science and Fraud Analytics team to build and deploy scalable Machine Learning models to production.
- Design and build RESTful APIs.
- Provide clear documentation on design decision and workflows.
- Gather business requirements and propose robust and scalable solutions.
Qualifications About You
- Bachelor's degree in Math/Statistics/Computer Science or equivalent. A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
- Professional experience as a Data Engineer or related field in building real-time data pipelines for very large datasets.
- Strong knowledge of various programming languages like Java, Ruby, Python or R
- Experience with UNIX/Linux
- Experience developing stream-based data pipelines like Kafka, Spark is a plus
- Experience designing and architecting Big Data systems using Hadoop, NoSQL is a plus
- Knowledge of search technology (e.g Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search)
- Advanced analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about data analysis and problem solving
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to elicit, gather and analyze user requirements
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others at all levels of technical understanding
- Able to meet deadlines
- Utilize statistics and predictive analytics to create innovative solutions to business problems
- Experience with the popular ETL (Talend, Streamsets) toolsets
- Knowledge of mainframe file structures, namely copybooks is a plus