About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
We are looking for seasoned data engineering professionals to take your career to the next level. As a Data Engineer of Annuity, you will face the most complex and up-to-date data challenges by helping our Annuities IT Reinsurance team to address their complex reinsurance processes, data management, reporting and analytics challenges using SAS, Business Objects and Informatica ETL to process the massive amount of data.
This position will analyze and deliver on complex data analytics assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility. S/he will work with business partners to gather requirements, build dashboards, and perform complex analysis and data flows using ETL, SAS, BO and Tableau to derive insights that will enhance business decisions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge of current reinsurance systems and processes, assesses the impact, and collaborate with business partners to incorporate new functionality in current and future solutions.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders or complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Create high performance data pipelines to support complex data integration workflows
- Develop automation programs, Power Shell and Unix shell scripts and other utilities to support overall goal of end to end automation
- Design, build, tests, maintain, and guides others in creating stable and scalable semantic layers, dashboards, reports and complex metrics and feeds to meet business needs by transforming data into meaningful information.
- Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in various systems are utilized, and marries various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making
- Ensues data integrity with database, dashboards and reports and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
- Produces a weekly status report documenting project health and progress
- Develop and supports process flow analysis and ETL process design
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into key artifacts at a project level:
- Conceptual and Logical Data Model
- Data Flow Diagram
- Physical database design
- ETL Data Mapping documents
- Building reinsurance algorithm using SAS
- Participate in user acceptance testing efforts as needed
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with other project team members
- Participate/Collaborate with Reinsurance and Annuity business partners, security team and architects to ensure integrity and security of data architecture and solution design as per LFG Architecture and Info security standards
- Effectively work on plans and organizes work to ensure efficient delivery of results
- Communicates effectively with IT partners and management
- Strong understanding of SQL Server, Business Objects, SAS and familiarity with MF/TSO and Host Print services
- Strong understanding of SQL (4+ years), programming language and other scripting Language (PowerShell, T-SQL, Unix Shell scripting)
- Programming, analyzing and evaluating Annuity reinsurance data using SAS
- Responsible for creating specification for generation of analysis datasets and feeds per various Reinsurer requirements
- Responsible for maintaining and writing programs in order to generate reports using Business Objects, and listing for reinsurance data on assigned projects for Production/validation and creation of reinsurance feeds
- Responsible for assisting in the development of programming procedures for the Annuity Reinsurance department
- Attend team meetings for assigned projects as appropriate
- Ability to work effectively in a global team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 4 years of IT and related business/industry work experience
- 3 years of experience in design and development of operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts
- 3 years of experience in data acquisition, modeling, extraction, transformation, and loading
- 2 years of experience in developing reports using Tableau and SAP Business Objects
- 2 years of experience in developing SAS
- 1 years of experience in using MF/TSO utilities
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: 0%
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.