$100K — $150K *
As a Sr. data engineer in this team, you will solve big data warehousing problems on a massive scale. You will apply cloud-based AWS services to solve challenging problems around: big data processing, data warehouse design, and enabling self-service. You will focus on automation and optimization for all areas of DW/ETL maintenance and deployment. You will work closely with the business intelligence engineers, product managers and the software development teams on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative problem solving to deliver actionable output. The role of data engineer in Amazon requires excellent technical skills in order to develop systems and tools to process data as well as, but not limited to, the ability to analyze data. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Prime Video team.
· 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
· Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
· Experience in SQL
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years of experience in the field of data engineering
· Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models.
· Ability to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in SQL, and Python.
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling - understanding of 3NF, Star schema, etc.
· Experience with Amazon Redshift
· Experience in scripting languages
· Experience working with business owners to define key business requirements and convert to technical specification
· Experience handling Big data volumes and performance tuning
· Exposure/Experience in Big data Technologies (hadoop, spark, presto, etc.)
· Experience working in a UNIX/LINUX environment
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working with business owners to convert key business requirements into technical specifications
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Valid through: 10/8/2020
$80K — $100K
10 days ago