Data and Analytics is foundation and core to our Analytics growth strategy within Analytics Open Hub and Digital Foundations. We have data assets in all of our segments (PetCare, MWC, Food & Drinks) across different functions and divisions (Marketing, Sales, Category, R&D etc.), that we will connect and enhance to build a rich understanding to answer specific questions which we as a business have. To deliver on this ambition we need deep expertise and experience in building our data solutions and engineering different sources of data to deliver valuable, scalable and sustainable benefits across a large and complex global business
What are we looking for?
- Must have - Degree level in data engineering related subject
- Nice to have – Post-graduate qualifications in computer science, data engineering or related
- Nice to have – professional qualifications in advanced data design, big data
- Technical expertise and experience in database and data engineering capabilities.
- Rich heritage in designing and building databases, data warehouses, analytics and BI platforms, including in grocery/retail sector and ideally healthcare too including experience with Big Data.
- Including use of cloud platforms like AWS or Azure, technologies across traditional and contemporary software (e.g. SQLServer, Hadoop), programming languages such as SQL, Java, C#, C++, Python, R and visualization tools
- Track record in building and developing successful data teams of at least
- Experience in building a combined and effective onshore-offshore team with 3rd party partners
- Experience in delivering across multi-location teams for global and local deliverables
- Able to partner and engage with the Data Science community
- Able to partner effectively with the business stakeholders, contribute in overall success and drive value for relevant stakeholders
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Lead and manage the design of our cloud-based data solutions and models to enable insight and analytics
- Lead and manage engineering projects in collaboration with other team members (including with offshore talent partners) to ensure rapid development of quality, scalable and sustainable data solutions, with global best practices and consistency
- Drive agile processes and team sprints across global, market and offshore data engineering teams
- Ensure right technologies in place for our needs – deliver engagements with up-to-date capabilities available in the industry
- Engage and collaborate with data and IT owners across Mars to drive data quality and availability, and ensure data improvement plans in place and support effective governance
- Harvest and maintain semantic and smart data layer and ensure holistic leadership of the data solution within the environment
- Engage with senior leaders on data related strategies and adoption