Contributes to the overall success of establishing Data Governance Domains in the Bank including support for bank-wide data management initiatives to understand and document metadata definitions, data lineage and quality across International Banking Division. The incumbent will play a key part in managing the team for development of metadata, data linage, data quality monitoring, data sharing agreements and service level agreements. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Serves as subject matter expert for business and technology for resolution of data operations issues and execution on the Data Governance program across International Banking.
- Manages a team of 3-6 Data Engineers for development of metadata, data linage, data quality monitoring, data pipelines and cross walk tables for standardizing data, data sharing agreements and service level agreements.
- Works with Technology to ensure alignment with the data architecture and implementation of data management controls.
- Conduct ETL, SQL and DB performance tuning, troubleshooting, support, and capacity estimation to ensure highest data quality standards with the business and technical SME’s.
- Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
- Profile and analyze source data to determine the best reporting structures to build.
- Design and develop ETL pipelines using multiple sources of data in various formats according to business requirements.
- Conduct dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
- Use sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc) to develop and deliver data products
- Provide day-to-day support and technical expertise to both technical and non-technical teams
- Exhibit sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making.
- Help us build data expertise and data focused mindset throughout the enterprise
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience working as a Business Analyst.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and R
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer
- Data modelling and warehousing experience would be a plus
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, Redshift, etc.)
- Proficiency with JSON, Hadoop and Hive data structures•
- API development experience
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Industry experience with big data technology