Summary and Mission
The data engineering team at Big Fish Games is going through an exciting transition. We are moving from on-premise big data platforms to a hybrid cloud solution. Over the past several years we have built data solutions using a variety of open source technologies, for example, Kafka, Spark Streaming and Hive. These technologies have severed us well and now we are taking the next steps in the evolution of data engineering.
Our hybrid cloudarchitectureis built using Spark Streaming on Kubernetes, Airflow for batch processing work flows and Big Query for data warehousing. If you have a passion for open source technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Elastic Search, Docker and Kubernetes and excited about developing cloud solutions, come join our data engineering team at Big Fish Games!
What you'll do
- Develop a variety of data processing and data integrations solution, for example, ETL using Spark on Google Kubernetes Engine, REST API endpoints and microservices to ingest data from external partners, and using Airflow to build workflows DAGs and schedule jobs.
- Develop data quality automations to insure the accuracy of the data delivered to analysts and business customers.
- Develop and support continuous integrations build and deployment processes which use Jenkins, Docker, SBT, Maven, Nexus Repositories and Git
- Develop automated integration testing to insure code quality.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- Be actively involved with the team to design new data solutions.
- Have a passion for new technologies, continuous improvement and learning
- Re-platforming legacy systems to Google Cloud Platform
What we're looking for
- At least 5years ofexperiencein the following skills:
- Programming or scripting (for example, python, java, or scala)
- Developing in a Linux environment
- Big data platforms (For example Hadoop, Netezza, Teradata, AWS or Google Cloud Platform)]
- Database Management Systems (for example, Oracle, MySQL or SQLServer)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science
- Build and deployment tools (for example Jenkins, Maven, SBT)
- Developing solutions using Docker
- Developing solutions on Kubernetes clusters
- Developing stream-processing systems, using frameworks such as
- Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams or Storm
- Developing microservices
- Data modeling for data warehousing
Big Fish Games is an equal opportunity employer. We bring unique talents together to build something special that’s why we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
Robust benefits package
Global career opportunities
Our core values: All about the player, Talent Unleashed, Collective Brilliance and Good Business, Good Citizen
Our Winning Ways
- Unite - Come together as one team, with one vision
- Develop - Empower, inspire and grow our people
- Deliver - Execute with excellence, be accountable for results
- Play - Be creative, celebrate success