Our Data Developers play an integral part in IT Applications. They are the ones responsible for designing and creating tables within data marts, data lakes and data warehouse and all related extraction, transformation and load of data functions. After the groundwork has been laid, these developers also must test their designs to ensure the system runs smoothly. Think you've got what it takes?
Do you love analyzing and reporting on data? Do you have experience with ETL tools and databases? Are you accurate and efficient in your work? We need your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Consult with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the data storage needs.
- Under the guidance of leadership, design, implement and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation and loading activities.
- Gather requirements and business process knowledge in order to transform the data in a way that’s geared towards the needs of end users.
- Present data lakes, marts and warehousing options based on storage needs.
- Ensure that the data architecture is scalable and maintainable.
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose adequate solutions.
- Conduct preliminary testing of the warehousing and database environment before data is extracted.
- Extract data and transfers it into the warehousing environment, other databases or to files.
- Test the new system once all the data has been transferred.
- Provide maintenance and support.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- SQL, SAS, SSRS expertise.
- EPIC (Clarity / Caboodle) Expertise.
- Experience with ETL Tools and/or Databases.
- Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence best practices and standards.
- Understand the fundamental concepts of database design and the need for database architectural strategies to fit business or industry requirements.
- Knowledge of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling.
- Understand common software architectures, including layered and distributed architecture models.
- Understanding of quality assurance principles.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.