Carousel Industries is one of the fastest growing IT companies in the US, poised for explosive growth. As a premier IT services firm, we offer an extensive portfolio of services and technologies that span the following areas: unified communications and collaboration, networking, data center, security, and cloud-based solutions. Through our partnerships with leading technology vendors—like Cisco, Avaya, Microsoft, HPE, and Fortinet, for example—Carousel offers innovative IT leadership, consultative, professional, and managed services to help our clients drive transformation within their organization. Founded in 1992, Carousel serves more than 6,000 customers, including 35 of the Fortune 100. Carousel has been recognized by multiple publications and industry consortiums as a top technology integrator and managed services and cloud solution provider–including the Inc. 500/5000, Healthcare Informatics 100, and CRN MSP Elite 150. Headquartered in Exeter, RI, Carousel has more than 1,400 employees based in 27 offices–with three Network Operating Centers nationwide.
We are searching for those who are fueled by an inner drive to make a difference and to push their professional and technical capabilities to the next level. If you are someone who wants to become the “go to person” or the “subject matter expert” in your field, then Carousel is the place for you. Ask Carousel employees what makes them stick around for five, 10, or 20 years, and they’ll tell you it’s the brilliant people with whom they collaborate and the opportunities for personal and professional growth.
In this role we are looking for a well-rounded full-stack expert in the world of Data Center.
The Lead Support Engineer (LSE) is the conduit between the clients' team and our support team, and functions as the technical lead and escalation point as it relates to our Operations Center. The LSE works closely with our customers on monthly calls to consult, deal with specific areas of concern, and make recommendations towards improvement.
- Assigned Subject Matter Expert to multiple clients
- Provides technical expertise & guidance throughout the lifecycle of supported services for assigned clients
- Change Management approval SME
- Performs in depth analysis of system performance data
- Recommends proactive improvements for operating health.
- Provides input & assistance during Major Incident resolution
- Owns Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis for client
- Providing technical from project kickoff to project closure and documentation
- Leading customer design and consulting engagements
- Contributing to, and providing leadership for, Carousel's UC Practice meetings and initiatives
- After Hours work and travel (primarily, but not only, in New England) are requirements
- Further discussion around responsibilities will be discussed with interviewed candidates
Troubleshoot, diagnose and correct complex issues in the Data Center space
- 8+ years of experience providing design, operational Level 3 support, troubleshooting and driving cases to resolution as it relates to the following platforms:
- Demonstrated experience and strong working knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including Exchange, Active Directory, Group Policy, Certificate Authority, and corporate domain infrastructure in a corporate global environment.
- Demonstrated experience and strong working knowledge of VMware platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot various multi-tiered storage solutions including EMC and NetApp. Experience in capacity planning, disaster recovery execution and high availability of storage platforms.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Cisco UCS Server Infrastructure platform a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of Fiber Channel Zoning for redundancy and multi-path configurations a plus.
- Strong scripting ability to design, test and implement automated solutions to infrastructure specific tasks.
- Understanding of Best Practice and supported configurations across mentioned platforms, and ability to maintain and upgrade related Operating Systems and firmware related to the platforms.
- BS in Computer Science, MCITP, MCSA, VCP
- 7-10 years of experience with Active Directory, Exchange, Virtualization, Server Configuration and migration, Cisco UCS, EMC and NetApp Storage solutions.