Tired of building variants of the same application over and over? Are you ready to leverage your team management, system management and process skills to architect software that is unique and that uses the latest development practices for software delivered on the Cloud? WhiteHat Security is looking for a seasoned, self-motivated and top-performing Sr. Data Architect to design and build our newest applications utilizing Agile practices to solve complex Application Security problems. You will help guide the WhiteHat Engineering team to build the next generation of application security platform.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead data architecture across the WhiteHat product portfolio.
- Collaborate with fellow architects, organizational leaders, PM to design and development of optimal cloud data architecture in support of product roadmap
- Establish best-in-class architecture procedures, tools and templates to facilitate WhiteHat Software Ecosystem along
- Provide Data knowledge leadership to the development teams and Systems Architects
- Ensure governance of data architecture and design across major WhiteHat Products
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes in support of future product concepts
- Proactively provide recommendations on improvements to product and/or processes to increase efficiency and improve quality
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure that the most informed decisions are being made.
What We Value
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent (Master’s degree a plus).
- At least 8+ years of industry work experience designing, developing data architecture for cloud-based platforms and data warehousing
- Experience with security best practices and design principles
- Expertise in building database and storage architectures
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and with key-value and document store NoSQL databases such as MongoDB and Cassandra
- Experience with distributed data storage and data warehousing concepts and technologies
- Experience with databases such as InfluxDB, Druid, Prometheus, as well as in-memory databases
- Experience with cloud-computing based database and storage services on various cloud providers (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Practical experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction.
- Demonstrated willingness to teach others and learn new techniques.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences