Sr. Data Architect
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads in all aspects of the design, development, and deployment of data warehousing and analytic solutions, including supporting data models and meta data.
• The data domains covered across The Queen’s Health System include clinical, financial, and patient experience data.
• Consults in sourcing, loading, and analyzing data, developing visualizations, and interacting with clinical and administrative staff to empower meaningful improvements in healthcare.
• Contributes to clinical and operational performance improvement initiatives through activities such as data analysis and support, dashboard and metric development, and clinical disease cohort and registry building.
• Supervises and directs work of assigned staff.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Essential: finger dexterity, seeing, hearing, speaking.
• Continuous: sitting, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods.
• Frequent: walking.
• Occasional: standing, stooping/bending, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, lifting and carrying usual weight of 1 pound up to 5 pounds, reaching above, at and below shoulder level, frequent gripping of an object.
• Operates computer, calculator, telephone, fax and printer.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Not substantially subjected to adverse environmental conditions.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
A. EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or related field; four (4) years experience in IT demonstrating hands on independent contribution to database or business intelligence projects such as hand coded SQL queries, data modeling, report development.
• In addition to education requirement, 10 (ten) years related experience in the following:
o Extensive knowledge of practices, policies, and systems.
o Demonstrated application of information technology data and programming principles, theories, concepts, and best practices (e.g. requirements documentation, source code control, change management, promotions, segregation of duties).
o Advanced tenants of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) principles, processes, technologies and tools including management, reporting and visualization of data.
o Hand coded Structured Query Language (SQL) query development
o Advanced database object development, beyond tables and views, such as stored procedures, user defined functions, check constraints, clustered indices, tuning and optimization
• Strong sense of customer service to consistently and effectively address business and clinical partners’ needs
• Comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities and direction in projects and core work
• Enjoys participating in a collaborative work environment partnering with colleagues inside and outside of own department.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
• Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills