The Career Potential
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, a global company, is recruiting for a Sr. People Analytics & Compliance Specialist to be located in Rochester, NY or Raritan, NJ. The Sr. People Analytics & Compliance Specialist position is part of the Human Resources team and will provide insight and decision support through analysis of large and disparate data sets. This role provides an opportunity to balance the technical and creative skills in gathering information from various systems, comparing and trending data, illustrating and reporting data for easy understanding and consumption by all levels. The position will partner with multiple human resource functions including HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management, etc. The Sr. People Analytics & Compliance Specialist will also be responsible for US & Canada HR compliance requirements, including reporting, posters and communications, as well as partner with local HR on global requirements.
- This position will report to the Senior Director, HR Analytics, Compliance & Projects.
- The Sr. People Analytics & Compliance Specialistis responsible for supporting predictive analysis and partnering with key stakeholders as necessary to develop the workforce planning process, data analysis, insight, and actionable solutions.
- Design and develop dashboards, reports, presentations and visual aids designed to educate, inform and influence the decisions of HR business partners and business leaders.
- The incumbent will work closely with the HRLT to create key metrics reports for the Executive Leadership team.
- This person is required to think analytically, exercise sound judgment and discretion, and independently assess and resolve complex situations.
- Conduct analyses of varying complexity, of Talent, Workforce, Payroll and related business data and processes with emphasis on identifying trends, determining root cause of problems and partnering with HR/leaders to provide insight that enable informed business decisions
- Develops metrics, gathers data, and analyzes information to drive solutions that mitigate future workforce problems.
- Responsible supporting for all compliance reporting related to U.S. Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Programs, Canadian requirements, and partners with HR globally to monitor and support all HR compliance reporting requirements.
- Conducts internal audits of corporate practices to identify possible violations, compiles and submits required AAP/EEO statistical reports, and drives action to ensure compliance with various federal and state requirements.
- Monitors legal publications for new laws, regulatory and reporting requirements, and follows through to ensure education and compliance within HR.
- Provides all analysis required by Affirmative Action Plan. Partners with consultants to establish placement goals. Manages all training timelines and compliance related to plan.
- Conduct annual internal I9 audit on active and inactive I9’s for completeness and accuracy following federal requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in a business, quantitative, or analytics discipline with an excellent academic record; graduate degree a plus but not required; or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in business analytics
- The individual must possess strong organizational and project management skills, initiative and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with the statistical analysis and modeling of business data, preferably in areas of HR, Payroll, Benefits, and Finance.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and statistical analysis software such as R, Tableau, Python, SAP Lumira, SAP Business Objects. Experience with Workday a plus.
- Experience with designing business reports, dashboards and graphical presentations conveying analytical information in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to assimilate extensive data and provide actionable recommendations
- Strong intellectual curiosity to research optimal solutions and legal updates.
- High energy, strong collaboration, proactivity, sense of urgency and driving results.
- Minimum travel required.