As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
One of the goals of Voya Financial's Finance Revitalization initiative is to centralize and harmonize data into a central repository. A team of Data Analysts will work together to analyze vast amounts of business and consumer data into a central repository, while managing various uses of the data for both financial and non-financial insights.
The Sr. Data Analyst will perform data analyses to enable the development of business insights.
- Perform data collection, summarization, and visualization in support of finance revitalization project.
- Understand business needs to ensure that analysis results are meaningful and accurate.
- Analyze data to support design prototypes and reporting requirements.
- Generate clear and meaningful profiles to help with data harmonization.
- Identify data anomalies and work to research and resolve.
- Perform detailed analysis across enterprise wide data and models.
- Create and maintain data mapping documents, data flow diagrams, technical documentations as necessary to support the project.
- Design and develop ETL and ETL processes as necessary.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5-8 years prior experience in a Data Analyst role.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Data Sciences or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to present complex findings to a technical audience using basic data visualization techniques (PowerPoint, Tableau, Excel)
- Ability to validate data quality.
- Strong Communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and exposure to Finance functions.
- Experience in insurance, financial services preferred
- Strong understanding of business concepts relevant to one or more of Voya Financial's core businesses (Retirement, Annuity, Insurance, Employee Benefits, Investment Management).
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.