Our client is a global Hedge Fund, they are currently hiring a Sr. Data Analyst to join the Financial Data team. This team is responsible for back office pricing as well as time series data for trading/modeling/analysis.
They work closely with other departments within Management & Control to ensure the accuracy and best practices in securityvaluation, compliance, risk management, and other operational areas.
- Assist in reviewing processes and technologies to improve data accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency
- Interact with users to identify, access, and query series of interest in internal databases, including a third party tick database.
- Determine detailed specifications and resource requirements and coordinate prioritization and approval with other groups.
- Test content for proper QA and review/approve for production release.
- Work with offshore Data Operations team to oversee their processes
- Escalation point for Level II requests from this team
- BA/BS with strong academic background
- 4+ years related experience at an investment firm or a financial data-related role
- Solid understanding of data quality management, data architecture, and business intelligence
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Unix and Python
- Experience deploying and enhancing Extract, Transforming, and Loading (ETL) tools
- Experienceworking with Bloomberg, Reuters, DataStream, and FactSet terminals and Excel add-ins
- Experience with One Tick a plus