At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Assesses, gathers and prepares multiple types of data from a diverse array of sources. Combines and analyzes data through the creation and execution of reports, models, ad hoc requests, dashboards, deliverables, etc for the Technology Customer Success Organization. Ensures data quality, accuracy, consistency, reliability and completeness, analyzes and interprets results, and provides recommendations which impact operations, programs, planning, trends and opportunities.
- Creates, develops and maintains reports, datasets, ad hoc requests, dashboards, metrics, data generators, etc. for end-users using system tools and databases.
- Analyzes and determines data needs. Accesses, extracts and integrates data from diverse sources residing on multiple platforms and implement data models by combining, synthesizing and structuring data.
- Conduct data analysis and capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency and reliability by implementing quality assurance practices; performs quality data audits and analysis. Identify areas of improvement in data collection processes or systems and make recommendations to correct deficiencies.
- As a subject matter expert, utilizes analytical tools to perform quantitative analysis. Interpret data, analyze results, and identifies key data insights to address specific business questions and highlights findings and implications of analysis to business clients. Provides information, reports and recommendations which impact new or existing operations, programs, planning, and opportunities.
- Provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting of patterns, insights, and trends to decision-makers in order to drive business decisions and address business questions for Technology Customer Success.
- Access, gather, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business problems, decisions, and performance.
- Creates and produces forecasts, reports, dashboards, etc. to tell a story through data. Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Creates forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
- Utilizes analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts that impact the business (costs, risks, etc.).
- Summarizes analysis into user-friendly deliverables by translating detailed data into business-appropriate communication and recommendations.
- Delivers results, insights and recommendations (written, verbal, presentations, etc.) to business audience to support business decisions.
- Provides consultation to Technology Customer Success Leadership and may participate in cross-functional teams to address business issues.
- Applies new perspectives, creative problem solving, and inter-departmental connections to improve analytical capabilities.
- Takes initiatives to design and develop deliverables based on interpretation of findings and business client needs on a wide range of analytical topics.
- Creates and is accountable for high quality, value driven work that drives business outcomes and data driven decisions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or related field.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in data analysis, reporting or application development.
- Expertise in Data Modelling and Database Design
- Expertise in development and analytical tools such as MYSQL, SSRS, MS Excel, Python, R or other similar tools.
- Expertise in visualization tool Power BI and relational data modeling techniques.
- Experience in Java Development; specifically Spring Boot
- Experience with Cloud concepts and Microservices
- Familiar with Version Control such as Git
- Familiar with CICD pipeline process
- Understanding of Service Management (e.g. Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and recommendations in written, verbal and presentation form at an appropriate level for a variety of business audiences.
- Creative and innovative in problem solving and formulating solutions.
- Proven excellence in problem solving, research, quantitative analysis and analytical working techniques.
- Initiative to independently design and develop own deliverables while still being a team player.
- Ability to be responsive to changing business needs, manage and prioritize concurrent assignments, and handle ambiguity.
- Ability to generate new ideas and go beyond the status quo; recognize the need for new or modified approaches.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Strong analytical capability with ability to meet deadlines.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client’s interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!