NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare’s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
The Data Analyst gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data.
- Creates, provides statistical support and implement analytic plans for projects.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical data from multiple data sources.
- Prepares conclusions and predictions based on data summaries.
- Prepares reports, charts, tables, and other visual aids.
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced data analysts.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline.
- Master’s degree in statistics or mathematics preferred.
- Working knowledge of statistical analytic programs.
- 2+ years of related statistical analysis experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and procedures of statistical analysis.
- Strong quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Requires proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, such as SAS.
- Experience working with large data sets preferred.
- Experience with Medicare claims data preferred.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Facts and data oriented.
- Deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.